CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

tears in my rear view mirror.. maybe that could be taylor swifts new song.. We are less than 8 weeks away to Rylee finishing up her Kindergarten year. And she has been very successful , but she has one big hang up. Getting herself out of the car & into the building. So most days their is an assigned adult to help Rylee get out of the car and into the building and on to class. Weve been trying to build up her confidence so that she knows she can do this all on her own just like the other kids. And today when i pulled up in front of the school and didnt see that "assigned person" i tried to pep talk her into doing this all by herself! She did open the door and step out, but began sobbing immediately as her feet hit the side walk. I felt awful , I try to be so positive with words of encouragement all the while i know i need to go on because there are tons of cars behind me waiting to pull up. Thankfully someone finally did come and shut my car door and got her inside. But its so incredibly painful to drive away watching ur child cry! I see some cars zoom around me in frustration of taking so long, but i wish those parents would for one second understand what im dealing with..

1 comments:

Ryan

Amy...Awww :( I'm sorry you and Ry have to deal with this...However, I want to thank you for your perspective..I HATE HATE HATE the drop off line b/c I get so annoyed with the cars that take forever to unload their kids. I seriously want to flip them off as I go by and ask them WTH is taking so long, get your kids out and get on your way. Not once did I think about a situation like what you described with you and Rylee. This momma will be a little more understanding and patient when we return to school on Monday and I am in the back of a growing line waiting for the cars to unload.