CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

How we came to be .....

...The Hodge Fab Four as a friend so lovingly calls us ;). Lets see if i can keep this short.

Boy meets Girl :
waaaaaay back in good ol 2003 sept. to be exact, a good friend of mine was moving away, & she was having a party to celebrate her departure. I certainly wasnt going in hopes of meeting anyone, i actually had a date but he bailed on me .. Enjoying the night, drinking and dancing, in walks in my middle school crush ( we were band geeks together) !!! Of course i blurted out a slurred "hey i know u". He just so happen to be a friend of a friend who got brought along to this party, & he was only in town one more night before returning to CA. He had just returned from his first tour of duty. I was hook line & sinker at that point, always did have a thing for guys in uniform!! We spent the whole night talking till the wee morning hrs before he had to leave for his flight! I thought well that was nice, but ill probably never see him again! In the following weeks, we spent every free moment we had on the phone with each other, near the end of Oct the Marine Corps Ball was coming up & he flew me out to CA to go with him ! That night he introduced me as the future Mrs.. The next day was Halloween & he surprised me with a trip to Disney Land. But before we made it there in our hotel i come out of the bathrm to find a shivering guy down on one knee with a ring in his hand! Well of course i said YES, i mean we hadnt gone to Disney yet had i said no i would have never met mickey! just kidding ;) I said Yes and meant it with all my heart. Fast forward 7 weeks later and we were married !!! I felt like a princess & gosh was he handsome in his dress blues, it was a magical day ill never forget.
Photobucket
ill continue how we came to be, more later i should have known i couldnt make this short ;)

3 comments:

Lela Kay

I love your story of whirlwind romance (that started back in M.S.)! :-) So glad you all get to enjoy this life together and you truly look as if you belong on a Disney animated princess story with your prince! Love you, sweet friend!

Unknown

Wow Amy, talk about jumping in with both feet! That is an amazing story with a "happily ever after" ending :)

Andi

awwww that is such an awesome story!! So sweet