CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Middle of the night Streaking!

a common issue among children with an ASD (autism spectrum disorder) is sleep issues, trouble going to sleep & trouble staying asleep. Rylee battles both! She takes melatonin which is something the body should already naturally produce. This helps her fall asleep but definitely doesnt help her stay asleep. She frequently has parties in her rm around 1, 2, 3ish am !! Well this morning around 2 am, i heard her open her door, she has no clue how to do anything quietly! ha, anywho I waited a min expecting her to appear at my bedside, she never did so i knew a good mom would get out of bed and check on their child . At 2 am I really wanted to be a bad mom but I got up. I went to her rm, no Rylee in there, hmmm.. I head down the hall into the living rm all the while saying her name I get to the doorway of the playrm, and in the dark i see her on the floor NAKED and feverishly hunting for something. Well not completely naked, she had slippers on ;) I said "Rylee what are u doing" she responds" I cant find my princess", i say "Ry where are ur clothes, u should be in bed" she says "ohhhhhhhhh", ahh bless her poor confused heart. I walk her back to her rm and discover the very wet diaper on the floor (our other biggest battle shes not potty trained)..

0 comments: